Friday, July 11, 2008



Today is Madalyn's birthday. She is 3 years old! This niece is a little sparkplug, filled with energy and spunk. Her favorite phrase is "I can DO it!" So, no need for anyone to open the patio door, help put her clothes on, guide her in a board game, or catch the frog that her dad pulled out of the pond. She put a deathgrip on the frog and then proudly said, "I did it." Maddie and her siblings have been staying at my parents for the past 10 days and it's been fun to be with them. We were encouraging little Zeke to take some steps, and then Maddie steps up and asks, "Auntie Sarah, let ME be the baby." So I open my arms and say, "walk to me, baby" and she runs forward full force and knocks me on my back, hugging tightly and saying, "tickle me!". Such precious moments. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDIE!