Thursday, July 3, 2008






Three glorious days of family time! My 3 siblings were in town and we celebrated my parents 40th anniversary. Here are some highlights: beautiful weather - my 8 nieces and nephews playing outside all day long - dirty faces and feet - Hearing hysterical laughter, then 5 minutes later handling an "owie" or a disagreement - guys constantly giving rides to the kids on the three 4-wheelers - my dad driving the ATV, dragging an innertube around the grass and the kids jumping on to ride - Sprucing up the nearby pond and putting the canoe in - catching frogs and turtles - My mom providing tons of meals and snacks - Fun visiting as we sat around the campfire

The casual anniversary party was a simple, sweet affair. It was a joy to honor our parents love and commitment. We celebrated Ezekiel's 1st birthday, and received the news that my brother Abe and his wife Jessie will expect a fifth child in December!