Monday, October 19, 2009


A friend came to visit. I met her in 1988 when we were room- mates at a High School camp. Jennifer lives in Arizona but flew here to enjoy some fall colors, have some relaxation, and laugh about old times. She is a hoot! Jennifer can start laughing just THINKING about something funny, and keeps chuckling so she can hardly spill the story. It makes my face hurt from smiling so much. We ended up experiencing snow in the middle of October, which gave her a thrill.

My dear friend is also in the middle of her life turning completely upside down, so there were hours of talking, grief, tears, explaining, sadness, anger. I'm thankful that Jenn had this opportunity to 'get away' and reflect. I'm heartbroken over her pain. She is running to God and resting in His promises. It looks like a long road ahead.