Sunday, March 8, 2009





One of our adventures when we ventured off the ship was snorkeling. Not my best experience, and I'm afraid it has soured my dream of ever certifying in SCUBA to accompany my husband on a scuba-diving trip. The ride in the small boat, the waves assailing my ears, and the salt water all combined to make me queasy, and I opted out of the 2nd reef snorkel. I did enjoy having the fish come super close to me. And the color of the water (turquoise!) was delightful.

Our next adventure was a trip to an Eco Park in Belize. We took a bus ride through the countryside, used mountain bikes to traverse a narrow trail in the jungle, received information on local botany & insects & industry, saw 4 monkeys up in the trees, felt warm breezes while eating an authentic Belizean meal under a thatched roof, and ended our excursion rocking in hammocks in the shade next to a huge pool.