Thursday, February 19, 2009


Every Wednesday night I get to listen, laugh, and interact with Junior High girls. Our church has ministries for newborn to 12th grade on Wednesday evenings, and this is my first year working with the 7th and 8th graders. The teacher, Mr. D, is such a great guy and a wonderful speaker. (He is talking to their age group, and yet his points often hit me between the eyes.) After the lesson I huddle together with my small group of 6 for a time of sharing and prayer. It has been neat to see the bonding that's been going on since September. During gym time I usually listen to girls recite verses, then I can chat with kids and play Scrabble and watch them socialize. God has brought me to this point in my life and I'm enjoying where He put me. A few years ago I would have said, "I could never work with Jr Highers", and this past year I felt led to jump in with both feet. Lovin' it.