Sunday, June 8, 2008





















Yesterday was Rebekah Joy's birthday! She is 9 years old and a gentle, funny, studious, helpful young girl. I have noticed she is very descriptive in her writing and conversation. Bekah is Hannah and Jonathan's oldest child, she can entertain herself, has dramatic talents, and is obedient to her parents and to God. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bekah!



In other news, I was out of town for 3 days while I drove a van to Indiana with a group from church. There were 9 of us who stayed in a quaint Amish town. We shopped, attended a concert, sampled various restaurants (I had pie every day!), saw local flavor, and lots more. I had fun times, laughing with the group, and also enjoyed some quiet time. A museum gave the historical background of the Anabaptist movement (Mennonites, Hutterites, and Amish). Did you know there was persecution, torture, and execution for these people in Europe in the 1500's?