Sunday, May 11, 2008


Saturday included a quick little visit at a coffee shop downtown with my childhood friend, Ann. She lives 3.5 hours away from me, but came to her hometown for Mothers Day weekend, and so we grasped an hour in our busy day to catch up, sip hot drinks, and laugh about old times. I met Ann in first grade, and my 'growing up' years could never be explained without this precious friend. We saw each other every time we were at church, our families went camping together, we went to each others homes for Sunday afternoons or overnights, we passed notes in our Jr. High lockers, we joined swimming, choir, yearbook, and basketball. We sang in church, flirted with boys, criticized weirdo's at the mall (regretting my critical phase), attended youth group activities, took the same classes in High School, graduated...
Then we were on different paths. Life cruises on. We would meet and wave and chat at the crossroads, but then rush off to our busy lives. In any case, it's always fun to visit again. I will always treasure Ann and the memories we made.